Economist / Game-Theorist, Associate Professor at UNC.
I am interested in learning more about computational algebraic geometry. In different and unrelated research projects, the need to characterize the space of solutions of a system of equations (polynomials or linear PDEs) keeps appearing. One of my regrets in life is to have shunned algebra while in college/masters/PhD but I'm trying to catch up.
Member for 8 years
148 profile views
Last seen Jul 2 at 2:24
- Mathematics 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Academia 508 508 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Mathematica 368 368 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 289 289 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 27 How to study abstract algebra
- 17 Prove that determinant of a matrix (with polynomial entries) is non-zero
- 16 TikZ: nodes with text, scale = or \large, \Large, \Huge?
- 16 Is it wrong to impose a challenging time constraint on exams?
- 13 Parsing question: Do curly braces affect LaTeX compilation time?
- 13 Challenge! Create aTikZ style to mimic mirror reflection (with option for curvature distortion)
- 13 When differentiability of the product implies differentiability of the individual terms?
- View more network posts →