Economist / Game-Theorist, Associate Professor at UNC.
I am interested in learning more about computational algebraic geometry. In different and unrelated research projects, the need to characterize the space of solutions of a system of equations (polynomials or linear PDEs) keeps appearing. One of my regrets in life is to have shunned algebra while in college/masters/PhD but I'm trying to catch up.
Member for 8 years, 10 months
150 profile views
Last seen Sep 4 '20 at 13:43
- Mathematics 3.6k 3.6k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Academia 840 840 88 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Mathematica 378 378 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Japanese Language 320 320 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 31 Is it ethical for students to be required to consent to their final course projects being publicly shared?
- 31 How to study abstract algebra
- 17 Is it wrong to impose a challenging time constraint on exams?
- 17 Prove that determinant of a matrix (with polynomial entries) is non-zero
- 16 TikZ: nodes with text, scale = or \large, \Large, \Huge?
- 13 Parsing question: Do curly braces affect LaTeX compilation time?
- 13 TikZ matrix, style for combination or rows and columns
- View more network posts →