Economist / Game-Theorist, Associate Professor at UNC.
I am interested in learning more about computational algebraic geometry. In different and unrelated research projects, the need to characterize the space of solutions of a system of equations (polynomials or linear PDEs) keeps appearing. One of my regrets in life is to have shunned algebra while in college/masters/PhD but I'm trying to catch up.
Member for 6 years, 11 months
146 profile views
Last seen Aug 3 '17 at 19:23
Top network posts
- 24 How to study abstract algebra
- 17 Prove that determinant of a matrix (with polynomial entries) is non-zero
- 16 TikZ: nodes with text, scale = or \large, \Large, \Huge?
- 14 Is it wrong to impose a challenging time constraint on exams?
- 13 Good math bed-time stories for children?
- 13 Challenge! Create aTikZ style to mimic mirror reflection (with option for curvature distortion)
- 13 Parsing question: Do curly braces affect LaTeX compilation time?
- View more network posts →