Economist / Game-Theorist, Associate Professor at UNC.
I am interested in learning more about computational algebraic geometry. In different and unrelated research projects, the need to characterize the space of solutions of a system of equations (polynomials or linear PDEs) keeps appearing. One of my regrets in life is to have shunned algebra while in college/masters/PhD but I'm trying to catch up.
Member for 7 years, 5 months
147 profile views
Last seen Aug 3 '17 at 19:23
- Mathematics 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.5k 1.5k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges2727 bronze badges
- Academia 488 488 44 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Mathematica 368 368 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 289 289 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 26 How to study abstract algebra
- 17 Prove that determinant of a matrix (with polynomial entries) is non-zero
- 16 TikZ: nodes with text, scale = or \large, \Large, \Huge?
- 14 Is it wrong to impose a challenging time constraint on exams?
- 13 Good math bed-time stories for children?
- 13 Challenge! Create aTikZ style to mimic mirror reflection (with option for curvature distortion)
- 13 Parsing question: Do curly braces affect LaTeX compilation time?
- View more network posts →