Top Network Posts
- 20 What are some counter-intuitive results in mathematics that involve only finite objects?
- 9 Experts on ELU assure us that there is no subjunctive mood in English. How should we who have been mistaught refer to what we were taught?
- 9 Word for repeatedly reading a word incorrectly and assuming the spelling of the word is as read?
- 8 When and why did “mess” come to mean an untidy condition?
- 7 Why is it that modern English readily accepts forming the adjectival form of some family member's names (e.g. motherly) but not others (e.g. sonly?)
- 7 Is there a well-known secular sentence that uses all three of the imperative, indicative, and subjunctive moods?
- 5 Word or idiom for a small group of birds
- View more network posts →