James S. Cook
I'm interested in mathematics which is used to frame physical theory. I guess that means I'm at least a little interested in just about anything.
I also have interest in superanalysis and certain problems of hypercomplex analysis.
More generally, I'm just looking for interested students who want to exceed the status-quo of undergraduate mathematics. Ideally, our interests overlap.
Oh, incidentally, I am also boycotting the Oscars, but for me, the reason is the severe lack of attention to the beauty of mathematics.
Member for 6 years, 11 months
144 profile views
Last seen Jul 9 at 14:15
- Mathematics 13.5k 13.5k 22 gold badges3030 silver badges7575 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 6.1k 6.1k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 268 268 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Area 51 201 201 22 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 168 168 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 44 Better Proofs Than Rudin's For The Inverse And Implicit Function Theorems
- 36 Rigour in mathematics
- 27 What are some examples of when Mathematics 'accidentally' discovered something about the world?
- 22 What seemingly innocuous results in mathematics require advanced proofs?
- 21 history of the double root solution of $ay''+by'+cy=0$
- 20 Intuition about pullbacks in differential geometry
- 20 Should we avoid indefinite integrals?
- View more network posts →