James S. Cook
I'm interested in mathematics which is used to frame physical theory. I guess that means I'm at least a little interested in just about anything.
I also have interest in superanalysis and certain problems of hypercomplex analysis.
More generally, I'm just looking for interested students who want to exceed the status-quo of undergraduate mathematics. Ideally, our interests overlap.
Oh, incidentally, I am also boycotting the Oscars, but for me, the reason is the severe lack of attention to the beauty of mathematics.
Member for 8 years, 10 months
161 profile views
Last seen Jun 5 at 6:02
- Mathematics 15.7k 15.7k 22 gold badges3838 silver badges9090 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 8.7k 8.7k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges5151 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 433 433 33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 233 233 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Academia 223 223 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 49 Better Proofs Than Rudin's For The Inverse And Implicit Function Theorems
- 37 Rigour in mathematics
- 27 What are some examples of when Mathematics 'accidentally' discovered something about the world?
- 26 history of the double root solution of $ay''+by'+cy=0$
- 25 Derivative of matrix exponential wrt to each element of Matrix
- 25 Intuition about pullbacks in differential geometry
- 24 Should we avoid indefinite integrals?
- View more network posts →