James S. Cook
I'm interested in mathematics which is used to frame physical theory. I guess that means I'm at least a little interested in just about anything.
I also have interest in superanalysis and certain problems of hypercomplex analysis.
More generally, I'm just looking for interested students who want to exceed the status-quo of undergraduate mathematics. Ideally, our interests overlap.
Oh, incidentally, I am also boycotting the Oscars, but for me, the reason is the severe lack of attention to the beauty of mathematics.
Member for 8 years, 3 months
156 profile views
Last seen Jul 27 at 6:34
- Mathematics 15.1k 15.1k 22 gold badges3434 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 8.2k 8.2k 11 gold badge1919 silver badges4949 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 423 423 22 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 233 233 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Academia 223 223 33 silver badges99 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 47 Better Proofs Than Rudin's For The Inverse And Implicit Function Theorems
- 37 Rigour in mathematics
- 27 What are some examples of when Mathematics 'accidentally' discovered something about the world?
- 24 history of the double root solution of $ay''+by'+cy=0$
- 24 Intuition about pullbacks in differential geometry
- 22 Should we avoid indefinite integrals?
- 22 What seemingly innocuous results in mathematics require advanced proofs?
- View more network posts →