James S. Cook
I'm interested in mathematics which is used to frame physical theory. I guess that means I'm at least a little interested in just about anything.
I also have interest in superanalysis and certain problems of hypercomplex analysis.
More generally, I'm just looking for interested students who want to exceed the status-quo of undergraduate mathematics. Ideally, our interests overlap.
Oh, incidentally, I am also boycotting the Oscars, but for me, the reason is the severe lack of attention to the beauty of mathematics.
Member for 6 years, 10 months
142 profile views
Last seen May 17 at 6:13
Top network posts
- 43 Better Proofs Than Rudin's For The Inverse And Implicit Function Theorems
- 36 Rigour in mathematics
- 27 What are some examples of when Mathematics 'accidentally' discovered something about the world?
- 22 What seemingly innocuous results in mathematics require advanced proofs?
- 21 history of the double root solution of $ay''+by'+cy=0$
- 20 Intuition about pullbacks in differential geometry
- 19 Why can't you add apples and oranges, but you can multiply and divide them?
- View more network posts →