Emacs Prophet; TeX Evangelist.
I'm a TeX systems enthusiast. I don't just push serious authors to use LaTeX, but I advertise the capability of TeX systems for background-process publishing. I'm currently researching for an article on TeX in Industry.
Recommended TeX editors
- AUCTeX under Emacs. The best I've used by a wide margin. (If you have issues setting up inline preview, check out some of my questions on the issue.)
- TeXStudio (autocompletion is a little weird)
- Why download the complete TeX distribution? It's so big!
- I'm on Linux. Why install 'vanilla' TeX Live when my package repositories already contain it?
Believe me, unless you really know what you're doing, it's always simpler to just download the full, vanilla TeX Live from TUG. Space is cheap – your time is not. Don't believe me?
Funny TeX-related tidbits around the internet
It's come to my attention that all content on this site is automatically under Creative Commons -- a license not terribly useful for LaTeX. Thus, I here relicense all my TeX/LaTeX/expl3 code under the LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL), version 1.3c or later. Document-embedded code (i.e. Lua, Python,
sh, etc. that is initially processed by TeX) is also licensed under the LPPL v1.3c or later.
- TeX - LaTeX 18.2k 18.2k 66 gold badges6060 silver badges208208 bronze badges
- Emacs 3.9k 3.9k 77 silver badges5858 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 1.7k 1.7k 22 gold badges2424 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 889 889 33 gold badges88 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Stack Apps 763 763 44 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 184 Are there any open research problems in the world of TeX?
- 122 What's the difference between a normal user and a system user?
- 56 What is Metapost/Metafont and how can I get started using it?
- 38 SX -- Stack Exchange for Emacs!
- 37 How can I make a TeX file executable?
- 32 Loading Packages Together versus Separately
- 32 Mavericks upgrade screwed up my pdflatex (command not found)
- View more network posts →