Emacs Prophet; TeX Evangelist.
I'm a TeX systems enthusiast. I don't just push serious authors to use LaTeX, but I advertise the capability of TeX systems for background-process publishing. I'm currently researching for an article on TeX in Industry.
Recommended TeX editors
- AUCTeX under Emacs. The best I've used by a wide margin. (If you have issues setting up inline preview, check out some of my questions on the issue.)
- TeXStudio (autocompletion is a little weird)
- Why download the complete TeX distribution? It's so big!
- I'm on Linux. Why install 'vanilla' TeX Live when my package repositories already contain it?
Believe me, unless you really know what you're doing, it's always simpler to just download the full, vanilla TeX Live from TUG. Space is cheap – your time is not. Don't believe me?
Funny TeX-related tidbits around the internet
It's come to my attention that all content on this site is automatically under Creative Commons -- a license not terribly useful for LaTeX. Thus, I here relicense all my TeX/LaTeX/expl3 code under the LaTeX Project Public License (LPPL), version 1.3c or later. Document-embedded code (i.e. Lua, Python,
sh, etc. that is initially processed by TeX) is also licensed under the LPPL v1.3c or later.
- TeX - LaTeX 25.1k 25.1k 66 gold badges6363 silver badges210210 bronze badges
- Emacs 6.3k 6.3k 88 silver badges6060 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 2.8k 2.8k 22 gold badges2424 silver badges5656 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 1.7k 1.7k 33 gold badges1010 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Super User 870 870 11 gold badge88 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 185 Are there any open research problems in the world of TeX?
- 126 What's the difference between a normal user and a system user?
- 56 What is Metapost/Metafont and how can I get started using it?
- 39 SX -- Stack Exchange for Emacs!
- 37 How can I make a TeX file executable?
- 33 How can I create entirely new data types with BibLaTeX/Biber?
- 32 Loading Packages Together versus Separately
- View more network posts →