Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of mathematical physics, there exists a group of theorists so amazingly primitive they still think that the complex number field is a pretty neat idea. We call them plasma physicists, and I'm one of them.
Member for 2 years, 5 months
1 profile view
Last seen May 11 at 21:06
Top network posts
- 100 Is my story "too diverse"?
- 82 What seemingly innocuous results in mathematics require advanced proofs?
- 41 Can the Supreme Court overturn an impeachment?
- 23 Construct a continuous real valued function which takes zero on integers and such that image of function is not closed.
- 18 Why aren't all functions considered a power function of 1 and integrated using some sort of chain rule?
- 16 When change of variable makes an empty interval
- 16 Is the "hero guy saves girl" trope misogynistic?
- View more network posts →