I am Professor of Logic at Oxford University and Sir Peter Strawson Fellow in Philosophy at University College Oxford. I was formerly affiliated with the City University of New York (CUNY Graduate Center, Mathematics, Philosophy and Computer Science & College of Staten Island, Mathematics).
My research is mostly in logic, broadly construed, especially mathematical logic and set theory, with connections to other areas.
- MathOverflow 187.5k 187.5k 3131 gold badges570570 silver badges10031003 bronze badges
- Mathematics 39.2k 39.2k 88 gold badges9999 silver badges171171 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 3.9k 3.9k 33 gold badges1616 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Philosophy 3.6k 3.6k 1818 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1k 1k 77 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 340 What are some reasonable-sounding statements that are independent of ZFC?
- 242 What are the most misleading alternate definitions in taught mathematics?
- 241 Can you answer my son's fourth-grade homework question: Which numbers are prime, have digits adding to ten and have a three in the tens place?
- 205 Is the analysis as taught in universities in fact the analysis of definable numbers?
- 154 Solutions to the Continuum Hypothesis
- 140 Are the "proofs by contradiction" weaker than other proofs?
- 133 Most 'unintuitive' application of the Axiom of Choice?
- View more network posts →