I am Professor of Logic at Oxford University and Sir Peter Strawson Fellow in Philosophy at University College Oxford. I was formerly affiliated with the City University of New York (CUNY Graduate Center, Mathematics, Philosophy and Computer Science & College of Staten Island, Mathematics).
My research is mostly in logic, broadly construed, especially mathematical logic and set theory, with connections to other areas.
- MathOverflow 181.4k 181.4k 2828 gold badges537537 silver badges942942 bronze badges
- Mathematics 36.8k 36.8k 88 gold badges9292 silver badges162162 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 3.7k 3.7k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Philosophy 3.5k 3.5k 1818 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 992 992 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 311 What are some reasonable-sounding statements that are independent of ZFC?
- 230 Can you answer my son's fourth-grade homework question: Which numbers are prime, have digits adding to ten and have a three in the tens place?
- 228 What are the most misleading alternate definitions in taught mathematics?
- 198 Is the analysis as taught in universities in fact the analysis of definable numbers?
- 151 Solutions to the Continuum Hypothesis
- 131 Are the "proofs by contradiction" weaker than other proofs?
- 129 Most 'unintuitive' application of the Axiom of Choice?
- View more network posts →