I am Professor of Logic at Oxford University and Sir Peter Strawson Fellow in Philosophy at University College Oxford. I was formerly affiliated with the City University of New York (CUNY Graduate Center, Mathematics, Philosophy and Computer Science & College of Staten Island, Mathematics).
My research is mostly in logic, broadly construed, especially mathematical logic and set theory, with connections to other areas.
- MathOverflow 178.5k 178.5k 2727 gold badges527527 silver badges922922 bronze badges
- Mathematics 36.1k 36.1k 66 gold badges9090 silver badges155155 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 3.7k 3.7k 22 gold badges1414 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Philosophy 3.4k 3.4k 1717 silver badges2323 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 962 962 66 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 304 What are some reasonable-sounding statements that are independent of ZFC?
- 229 Can you answer my son's fourth-grade homework question: Which numbers are prime, have digits adding to ten and have a three in the tens place?
- 224 What are the most misleading alternate definitions in taught mathematics?
- 191 Is the analysis as taught in universities in fact the analysis of definable numbers?
- 150 Solutions to the Continuum Hypothesis
- 128 Most 'unintuitive' application of the Axiom of Choice?
- 128 Are the "proofs by contradiction" weaker than other proofs?
- View more network posts →