José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 1 year, 6 months
238 profile views
Last seen 3 hours ago
Top Network Posts
- 101 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 82 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 80 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 54 Why a $20$ digit number starting with eleven $1$'s cannot be a perfect square?
- 45 How many times do you have to use L'Hôpital's rule?
- 43 Can we use symmetry rules in improper integrals?
- 42 Why is the notion of analytic function so important?
- View more network posts →
Top Tags (16)
16 Should duplicate questions be deleted? Sep 30
4 Tag management 2018 Jul 23
2 Congratulations: the big thread! Aug 29
2 Comments that should be answers [duplicate] Aug 21 '17
1 Tag management 2018 Aug 27
-4 Unfair downvoting of question? Oct 23
-4 Tag management 2018 Jul 22
-5 Creation of a Hamel basis tag Feb 13