José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 2 years, 2 months
320 profile views
Last seen 6 hours ago
- Mathematics 201.8k 201.8k 2525 gold badges159159 silver badges279279 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge77 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- History 1.6k 1.6k 11 gold badge66 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 900 900 11 gold badge33 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 297 297 11 gold badge11 silver badge1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 114 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 87 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 81 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 56 Why a $20$ digit number starting with eleven $1$'s cannot be a perfect square?
- 47 How many times do you have to use L'Hôpital's rule?
- 46 How are the known digits of $\pi$ guaranteed?
- 45 Can we use symmetry rules in improper integrals?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (18)
20 Should duplicate questions be deleted? Sep 30 '18
9 Tag management 2019 Mar 13
5 Tag management 2018 Jul 23 '18
3 Tag management 2018 Aug 27 '18
3 Congratulations: the big thread! Aug 29 '18
2 Comments that should be answers [duplicate] Aug 21 '17