José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 4 years, 2 months
701 profile views
Last seen 6 mins ago
- Mathematics 349.5k 349.5k 178178 gold badges224224 silver badges390390 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 4.7k 4.7k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges3838 bronze badges
- History 3.8k 3.8k 44 gold badges1818 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 3.2k 3.2k 33 gold badges1414 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.8k 2.8k 22 gold badges88 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 172 Why was "An Update to our Community and an Apology" deleted?
- 147 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 112 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 88 How can a "proper" function have a vertical slope?
- 85 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 83 Does an increasing sequence of reals converge if the difference of consecutive terms approaches zero?
- 74 Unsolved Problems due to Lack of Computational Power
- View more network posts →