José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 3 years, 1 month
411 profile views
Last seen 8 mins ago
- Mathematics 276.3k 276.3k 3232 gold badges190190 silver badges335335 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 3.7k 3.7k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- History 2.8k 2.8k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2.1k 2.1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.1k 2.1k 22 gold badges55 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 165 Why was "An Update to our Community and an Apology" deleted?
- 122 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 95 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 84 How can a "proper" function have a vertical slope?
- 84 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 79 Does an increasing sequence of reals converge if the difference of consecutive terms approaches zero?
- 70 Unsolved Problems due to Lack of Computational Power
- View more network posts →