José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 2 years, 10 months
373 profile views
Last seen 48 mins ago
- Mathematics 258.4k 258.4k 3030 gold badges182182 silver badges322322 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge99 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- History 2.7k 2.7k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2k 2k 11 gold badge66 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2k 2k 22 gold badges55 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 163 Why was "An Update to our Community and an Apology" deleted?
- 121 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 94 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 84 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 82 How can a "proper" function have a vertical slope?
- 78 Does an increasing sequence of reals converge if the difference of consecutive terms approaches zero?
- 70 Unsolved Problems due to Lack of Computational Power
- View more network posts →