José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 2 years, 6 months
340 profile views
Last seen 51 mins ago
- Mathematics 230.7k 230.7k 2727 gold badges174174 silver badges304304 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 3.2k 3.2k 11 gold badge88 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- History 2.4k 2.4k 11 gold badge99 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge55 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 618 618 11 gold badge33 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 118 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 90 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 83 How can a "proper" function have a vertical slope?
- 81 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 70 Unsolved Problems due to Lack of Computational Power
- 55 Why a $20$ digit number starting with eleven $1$'s cannot be a perfect square?
- 48 How many times do you have to use L'Hôpital's rule?
- View more network posts →
Top tags (18)
20 Should duplicate questions be deleted? Sep 30 '18
9 Tag management 2019 Mar 13
5 Tag management 2018 Jul 23 '18
3 Tag management 2018 Aug 27 '18
3 Congratulations: the big thread! Aug 29 '18
2 Comments that should be answers [duplicate] Aug 21 '17