José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 3 years, 3 months
455 profile views
Last seen 10 hours ago
- Mathematics 281.2k 281.2k 3232 gold badges192192 silver badges344344 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 3.8k 3.8k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- History 2.8k 2.8k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.2k 2.2k 22 gold badges55 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2.2k 2.2k 11 gold badge1010 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 166 Why was "An Update to our Community and an Apology" deleted?
- 124 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 95 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 84 How can a "proper" function have a vertical slope?
- 84 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 79 Does an increasing sequence of reals converge if the difference of consecutive terms approaches zero?
- 71 Unsolved Problems due to Lack of Computational Power
- View more network posts →