José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 3 years, 11 months
659 profile views
Last seen 12 mins ago
- Mathematics 330.5k 330.5k 166166 gold badges215215 silver badges379379 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 4.4k 4.4k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- History 3.7k 3.7k 44 gold badges1818 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2.8k 2.8k 11 gold badge1212 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.6k 2.6k 22 gold badges77 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 172 Why was "An Update to our Community and an Apology" deleted?
- 138 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 110 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 88 How can a "proper" function have a vertical slope?
- 85 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 83 Does an increasing sequence of reals converge if the difference of consecutive terms approaches zero?
- 74 Unsolved Problems due to Lack of Computational Power
- View more network posts →