José Carlos Santos
I am a mathematician who works at the University of Porto (Portugal). My PhD, on Representation Theory, was obtained at the Université Paris — Denis Diderot, in 1996.
Member for 3 years, 8 months
586 profile views
Last seen 3 hours ago
- Mathematics 311.3k 311.3k 3434 gold badges210210 silver badges368368 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- History 3.5k 3.5k 44 gold badges1717 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 2.5k 2.5k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2828 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 2.4k 2.4k 22 gold badges77 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 169 Why was "An Update to our Community and an Apology" deleted?
- 130 Why not include as a requirement that all functions must be continuous to be differentiable?
- 105 Unexpected examples of natural logarithm
- 86 How can a "proper" function have a vertical slope?
- 84 Can a binary operation have an identity element when it is not associative and commutative?
- 82 Does an increasing sequence of reals converge if the difference of consecutive terms approaches zero?
- 73 Unsolved Problems due to Lack of Computational Power
- View more network posts →