Member for 5 years, 11 months
Last seen this week
Working hard to make the internet more complete.
Become my first >> GitHub Sponsor or Patreon <<!
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Physics & Controls
Sensors & Actuators
Radio Control (RC) airplane enthusiast
Je parle français.
- GitHub: https://github.com/ElectricRCAircraftGuy
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gabriel-staples/ (follow me; please don't add me unless I can vouch for your skills)
- Website: http://www.ElectricRCAircraftGuy.com
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/panther3002/videos
- Ex: here's one of my favorite projects I've ever done!: "Quadrotor 2 - Physics-based Flight controller demo w/lead point navigation & Arduino interface to RC Tx"
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/eRCaGuy
I am big into RC aircraft and embedded programming. Very fun stuff. I'm an aeronautical engineer, but I also do a lot with electronics, electrical engineering, and computer science/programming (including a lot with C/C++ in Arduino and some lower-level AVR code). Here's my website, with many articles on the aforementioned topics, showing a tiny subset of my work: http://www.ElectricRCAircraftGuy.com
My Physics, Sensing, and Controls answers on Stack Exchange that I am most proud of
- Stack Overflow: Physics-based controls, and control systems: the many layers of control
- Stack Overflow: Numerical derivation and integration in code for physics, mapping, robotics, gaming, dead-reckoning, and controls
- Arduino: How to make your own coulomb counter (Amphours [Ahr] meter, or Wattshours [Whr] energy meter) with an Arduino
- Electronics: When is a MOSFET more appropriate as a switch than a BJT?
- Arduino: Switching a Solenoid Using Arduino's 5V Output?: Low-side switching an inductive load (such as a relay) using a microcontroller (such as Arduino), NPN BJT transistor (with full base resistor calculations), and snubber/flyback diode
- Stack Overflow: Quadcopter PID Controller for distance
- Stack Overflow: Here is how to get simple C-like millisecond, microsecond, and nanosecond timestamps in C++
- Stack Overflow: How to get a simple timestamp in C
This user doesn’t have any gold badges yet.
Citizen PatrolAug 27