Scientist turned systems engineer by day, I enjoy recreational math, esp. mental approximations and properties related to the prime factorization of a number (e.g., # of divisors, powerful numbers, smooth numbers). I'm also interested when half-integers share a property of integers, such as Pronic numbers, which are essentially the squares of half-integers. For something else intriguing, check out the Sacks number spiral.
Maryland, United States
Member for 8 years, 5 months
9 profile views
Last seen Dec 6 '15 at 16:31
- Sustainable Living 937 937 66 silver badges1616 bronze badges
- Mathematics 885 885 44 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Parenting 376 376 11 silver badge44 bronze badges
- Project Management 216 216 11 silver badge33 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 201 201 11 silver badge55 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 17 Producing my own energy options in urban area with windows but no roof access?
- 14 What is an energy efficient way to get fresh air indoors during winter?
- 13 Teaching mathematics to young children
- 11 Should I take advantage of the higher heat pump COP during the warmest part of the day and "bank" heat in the house?
- 10 What advantages (any?) has water heating via photovoltaic system over solar thermal system?
- 10 Can I prepay a Credit Card to make a Large Purchase greater than my credit limit?
- 7 When does using a car's start-stop system become more economical?
- View more network posts →