I am a graduate student at UFRJ (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro). You can see my webpage on IM-UFRJ here.
My area is Geometry and Topology. Specifically, I studied the free loop space of globally symmetric spaces and its homology in the specific case of CROSS's (Compact Rank One Symmetric Spaces) in my MSc. Today, I am leaning towards symplectic topology and Floer homology, expecting to hopefully come up as unscathed as possible from the process of scavenging for references on the subject.
My main interests reside in the following areas:
- Set Theory
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Functional Analysis
- Measure Theory
I also like music, and I'm a huge fan of guitarist John Frusciante.
I have a blog, on which I post something every once in a millennium: http://aloiziomacedo.weebly.com/
I have a Real Analysis book in development (mostly done), which you can see here (I've been adding some things, so the last sections are still incomplete). I am trying out using github in order to let people suggest changes, so let's see how that goes! You can access the link in my profile to see the page.
You can contact me at aloiziomacedo AT gmail DOT com.
Top Network Posts
- 34 What is a topological space good for?
- 31 Is this theorem already in existence?
- 31 Is it okay to "ignore" small numbers in limits where $x$ approaches infinity?
- 30 What is(are) the reason(s) for defining things in the following way?
- 24 What are examples of vectors that are not usually called vectors?
- 23 What is the most rigorous definition of a matrix?
- 22 What are Different Approaches to Introduce the Elementary Functions?
- View more network posts →