I am a graduate student at UFRJ (Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro). You can see my webpage on IM-UFRJ here.
My area is Geometry and Topology. Specifically, I studied the free loop space of globally symmetric spaces and its homology in the specific case of CROSS's (Compact Rank One Symmetric Spaces) in my MSc. Today, I am leaning towards symplectic topology and Floer homology, expecting to hopefully come up as unscathed as possible from the process of scavenging for references on the subject.
My main interests reside in the following areas:
- Set Theory
- Foundations of Mathematics
- Functional Analysis
- Measure Theory
I also like music, and I'm a huge fan of guitarist John Frusciante.
I have a blog, on which I post something every once in a millennium: http://aloiziomacedo.weebly.com/
I have a Real Analysis book in development (mostly done), which you can see here (I've been adding some things, so the last sections are still incomplete).
You can contact me at aloiziomacedo AT gmail DOT com.
- Mathematics♦ 28.4k 28.4k 44 gold badges4545 silver badges101101 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 369 369 11 silver badge99 bronze badges
- Physics 255 255 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- TeX - LaTeX 207 207 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 191 191 22 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 35 What is a topological space good for?
- 34 Is it okay to "ignore" small numbers in limits where $x$ approaches infinity?
- 31 What is(are) the reason(s) for defining things in the following way?
- 31 Is this theorem already in existence?
- 30 What is the most rigorous definition of a matrix?
- 24 What are examples of vectors that are not usually called vectors?
- 23 Why do we care about dual spaces?
- View more network posts →