Been there, done that. But there's always time for new challenges.
Just about to non-celebrate my 50th year since my first programming job. Or perhaps I already didn't celebrate it, depending on how long it takes me to edit this profile again.
After more than five years on StackOverflow, I seem to have gravitated towards focusing on questions about parsing and parser generators, although I still sometimes look at C, C++ and bash questions.
And I'm always looking for a good algorithm question, because algorithms are fun. The best algorithm is one whose beauty makes you gasp for breath. My lifelong ambition is to have one of those named after me; meanwhile, I collect other people's.
Member for 6 years, 10 months
0 profile views
Last seen Dec 2 at 16:51
- Stack Overflow 170k 170k 2222 gold badges154154 silver badges228228 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 8.1k 8.1k 11 gold badge2929 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Computer Science 5.6k 5.6k 99 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- Super User 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge1414 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Code Golf 601 601 33 silver badges66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 422 unary operator expected
- 333 Is C++ context-free or context-sensitive?
- 210 Does static constexpr variable inside a function make sense?
- 180 Why does the C preprocessor interpret the word "linux" as the constant "1"?
- 151 Find duplicate element in array in time O(n)
- 138 Regex matching in a Bash if statement
- 110 How do I test for an empty string in a Bash case statement?
- View more network posts →