Been there, done that. But there's always time for new challenges.
Just about to non-celebrate my 50th year since my first programming job. Or perhaps I already didn't celebrate it, depending on how long it takes me to edit this profile again.
After more than five years on StackOverflow, I seem to have gravitated towards focusing on questions about parsing and parser generators, although I still sometimes look at C, C++ and bash questions.
And I'm always looking for a good algorithm question, because algorithms are fun. The best algorithm is one whose beauty makes you gasp for breath. My lifelong ambition is to have one of those named after me; meanwhile, I collect other people's.
Member for 8 years, 3 months
0 profile views
Last seen Mar 17 at 22:09
- Stack Overflow 201.1k 201.1k 2323 gold badges192192 silver badges281281 bronze badges
- Computer Science 9k 9k 1717 silver badges3434 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 8.9k 8.9k 11 gold badge3232 silver badges3636 bronze badges
- Super User 3.6k 3.6k 11 gold badge1616 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Mathematics 862 862 66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 602 "unary operator expected" error in Bash if condition
- 355 Is C++ context-free or context-sensitive?
- 262 Does static constexpr variable inside a function make sense?
- 196 Regex matching in a Bash if statement
- 188 Why does the C preprocessor interpret the word "linux" as the constant "1"?
- 154 Find duplicate element in array in time O(n)
- 132 How do I test for an empty string in a Bash case statement?
- View more network posts →