Been there, done that. But there's always time for new challenges.
Just about to non-celebrate my 50th year since my first programming job. Or perhaps I already didn't celebrate it, depending on how long it takes me to edit this profile again.
After more than five years on StackOverflow, I seem to have gravitated towards focusing on questions about parsing and parser generators, although I still sometimes look at C, C++ and bash questions.
And I'm always looking for a good algorithm question, because algorithms are fun. The best algorithm is one whose beauty makes you gasp for breath. My lifelong ambition is to have one of those named after me; meanwhile, I collect other people's.
Member for 7 years, 5 months
0 profile views
Last seen May 9 at 16:22
- Stack Overflow 184.2k 184.2k 2323 gold badges173173 silver badges245245 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 8.4k 8.4k 11 gold badge3131 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Computer Science 7.3k 7.3k 99 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Super User 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Mathematics 645 645 44 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 481 "unary operator expected" error in Bash if condition
- 342 Is C++ context-free or context-sensitive?
- 230 Does static constexpr variable inside a function make sense?
- 186 Why does the C preprocessor interpret the word "linux" as the constant "1"?
- 164 Regex matching in a Bash if statement
- 151 Find duplicate element in array in time O(n)
- 123 How do I test for an empty string in a Bash case statement?
- View more network posts →