“But this long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. Economists set themselves too easy, too useless a task if in tempestuous seasons they can only tell us that when the storm is long past the ocean is flat again." (Keynes)
Member for 6 years, 10 months
24 profile views
Last seen Jan 9 at 16:58
- Mathematics 19.5k 19.5k 22 gold badges3131 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 4.2k 4.2k 11 gold badge2121 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Academia 801 801 66 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Information Security 623 623 11 gold badge55 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Chess 389 389 33 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 96 'Obvious' theorems that are actually false
- 64 Is there a short contains function for lists?
- 47 Why is uniqueness important for PDEs?
- 45 Can a number have infinitely many digits before the decimal point?
- 36 Is it bad to have cameras using a static IP address?
- 31 "What if" math joke: the derivative of $\ln(x)^e$
- 28 Why are there separate tournaments for men and women?
- View more network posts →