“But this long run is a misleading guide to current affairs. In the long run we are all dead. Economists set themselves too easy, too useless a task if in tempestuous seasons they can only tell us that when the storm is long past the ocean is flat again." (Keynes)
Member for 6 years, 8 months
24 profile views
Last seen Sep 24 at 6:45
- Mathematics 17.6k 17.6k 22 gold badges3030 silver badges7979 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.9k 3.9k 11 gold badge2020 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Academia 566 566 44 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Information Security 378 378 11 gold badge33 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 264 264 11 gold badge22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 93 'Obvious' theorems that are actually false
- 62 Is there a short contains function for lists?
- 47 Why is uniqueness important for PDEs?
- 45 Can a number have infinitely many digits before the decimal point?
- 36 Is it bad to have cameras using a static IP address?
- 31 "What if" math joke: the derivative of $\ln(x)^e$
- 26 Python Convert fraction to decimal
- View more network posts →