Mostly retired mathematician trying to help where I can: soft questions, elementary number theory, philosophy (differentials and infinitesimals), algebra newbies.
In TeX I tend to try to answer my own questions myself (often with ugly hacks!) so don't ask many here. As an answerer I'm better at do-it-outside-TeX and at helping newbies with easy questions than at competing with the wizards. I've used but never written a macro that needed \makeatletter.
Member for 6 years
87 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
Top network posts
- 120 A way to directly see that the interior angles of triangle sum to $180^\circ$?
- 86 If nine coins are tossed, what is the probability that the number of heads is even?
- 86 Why can't the second fundamental theorem of calculus be proved in just two lines?
- 80 Asking questions in class: how can I "exit" a Q&A when I haven't really understood?
- 72 Conjectures (or intuitions) that turned out wrong in an interesting or useful way
- 65 What's new in higher dimensions?
- 64 What seemingly innocuous results in mathematics require advanced proofs?
- View more network posts →