Mostly retired mathematician trying to help where I can: soft questions, elementary number theory, philosophy (differentials and infinitesimals), algebra newbies.
In TeX I tend to try to answer my own questions myself (often with ugly hacks!) so don't ask many here. As an answerer I'm better at do-it-outside-TeX and at helping newbies with easy questions than at competing with the wizards. I've used but never written a macro that needed \makeatletter.
Top Network Posts
- 119 A way to directly see that the interior angles of triangle sum to $180^\circ$?
- 85 Why can't the second fundamental theorem of calculus be proved in just two lines?
- 78 Asking questions in class: how can I "exit" a Q&A when I haven't really understood?
- 72 Conjectures (or intuitions) that turned out wrong in an interesting or useful way
- 63 What seemingly innocuous results in mathematics require advanced proofs?
- 61 What's new in higher dimensions?
- 59 What actually is a polynomial?
- View more network posts →