I am an assistant professor in Mathematics at Dalhousie University, with a joint appointment to the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics. I focus on "homotopical physics": the interplay between mathematical physics (particularly quantum field theory) and higher (aka categorical) algebra. Other buzzwords that describe my work: higher symmetries, topological field theory, phases of condensed matter, "moonshine" phenomena, perturbative quantization, categories, representation theory, and algebraic topology.
Halifax, NS, Canada
Member for 7 years, 1 month
1 profile view
Last seen Oct 8 '16 at 21:39
Top network posts
- 124 Why worry about the axiom of choice?
- 118 "Philosophical" meaning of the Yoneda Lemma
- 111 What is Quantization ?
- 69 Is there an accepted definition of $(\infty,\infty)$ category?
- 67 What is the symbol of a differential operator?
- 63 Can every manifold be given an analytic structure?
- 54 Is "semisimple" a dense condition among Lie algebras?
- View more network posts →