I am an economics PhD student, originally from Brazil, but currently in Australia.
I am trying to learn Emacs (and enjoying the process), but it is challenging. It doesn't help that most online help assumes knowledge I don't have ("change your variable PATH" - what are you talking about??, "open your ~/.emacs" - what does ~ mean?, "type this code" - sure, but where?).
I am getting there slowly, though, and I am happy with how much I have been learning!
I am also interested in LaTeX, Matlab, and plan on learning R (soonish) and hopefully Python (not anytime soon!).
Member for 9 years, 4 months
194 profile views
Last seen Jun 1 '13 at 23:39
- TeX - LaTeX 21.9k 21.9k 2929 gold badges6868 silver badges7878 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 3.3k 3.3k 33 gold badges2222 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.4k 1.4k 44 gold badges1616 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 1.2k 1.2k 11 gold badge1313 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.2k 1.2k 33 gold badges1616 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 398 What are the available "documentclass" types and their uses?
- 350 Is there any way to do a correct word count of a LaTeX document?
- 338 What are good learning resources for a LaTeX beginner?
- 216 Compiling documents online
- 204 \pagebreak vs \newpage
- 154 Is there an easy way to have my whole document with a space between paragraphs rather than indentation?
- 142 How to get rid of navigation symbols in beamer?
- View more network posts →