Mathematics professor at Rutgers University in Newark. Researcher in Topology, Geometry, and Geometric Group Theory. Currently specializing in the large scale geometry of $Out(F_n)$, the outer automorphism group of a free group of finite rank $n$.
Rutgers University, Newark
Member for 8 years, 7 months
29 profile views
Last seen yesterday
- Mathematics 75.7k 75.7k 55 gold badges4848 silver badges110110 bronze badges
- MathOverflow 13.8k 13.8k 22 gold badges2929 silver badges6868 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 720 720 44 silver badges88 bronze badges
- Personal Finance & Money 451 451 33 silver badges44 bronze badges
- Academia 297 297 11 silver badge77 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 52 What is the point of teaching variance?
- 47 When has discrete understanding preceded continuous?
- 35 In the United States, how do you get car insurance (auto liability) which is valid no matter what car you are driving?
- 34 Connected sum of topological manifolds
- 33 Why are free objects "free"?
- 33 Why is Rationals w.r.t addition not an Isomorphism to Rationals w.r.t. multiplication?
- 33 Why are primes considered to be the "building blocks" of the integers?
- View more network posts →