Blog on Wordpress containing related math links: Shadows of Simplicity
Go forward, faith will follow. -- d'Alembert
Mathematics compares the most diverse phenomena and discovers the secret analogies that unite them. -- Jean Baptiste Joseph Fourier (1768–1830)
Mathematics/physics is "imagination in a straitjacket." -- to borrow from Feynman
It is not possible to be a mathematician without being a poet at heart. -- Sophia Kovalevskaya (1850--1891)
Member for 8 years, 1 month
38 profile views
Last seen Aug 1 '18 at 18:33
- MathOverflow 3.5k 3.5k 11 gold badge2727 silver badges5353 bronze badges
- Mathematics 1.4k 1.4k 1212 silver badges2424 bronze badges
- History of Science and Mathematics 401 401 22 silver badges1212 bronze badges
- Mathematics Educators 346 346 11 silver badge1414 bronze badges
- Cross Validated 196 196 66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 60 Geometric / physical / probabilistic interpretations of Riemann zeta(n>1)?
- 31 In "splendid isolation"
- 26 Klein's Protocols: A window into our mathematical past
- 23 Why do polytopes pop up in Lagrange inversion?
- 23 Why is there a connection between enumerative geometry and nonlinear waves?
- 22 When has discrete understanding preceded continuous?
- 18 The Dedekind Eta Function in Physics
- View more network posts →